Saturday, March 5, 2011

character building...

...says the wise sage DK. The route or the weather? I guess the whole package. I knew it would get cold again & it may even snow this week but I had to drag my ass, mentally, outta the house this morning.
New meet-spot? Nope. Just a random house-mug at Cultiva. Hi Aaron & Janna...
whoops! B Rd. MMR is not quite there yet, unless your PC. Us fools on the CX rigs were all bogged down in thick clay, PC rocked it on the 26" mtb & left us in the dust. Skillz. Actually dark-knight (appeared later outta nowhere?) also "cleaned" this 2 mile section, mas skillz. Below: impromptu clean-up, this went on for about 20 minutes. Our dub-g guests from Omaha, Rafal & Lucas are in there somewhere enjoying the muddy fun...
the wise-one...
no comment...
I struggled today. Pedaled squares, rectangles, you name it. A few miles from Lincoln I felt the hollow feeling of a bonk approaching, it quickly became a "I better get some sugar in me" moment. Aaron & I headed for the Yankee Hill Amoco by the Regional Center...wtf! Closed down, out of business! I spied a bag of candy in AG's feedbag, a handful of frozen sour patch kids saved the day. Thanks man!
Good crew, good vibe, hard effort. I'm hurtin' for certain. Thanks guys:)

Later,

TK

No comments: