Wednesday, February 2, 2011

small victory...

I made it through the month of January without crashing! Pretty rare for me actually. Didn't feel like a victory as I was laying on my chest in the driveway Saturday morning while walking one of the dogs, made it all the way around our neighborhood circuit & then ate shit on the final corner walking up the driveway. I did get a couple sympathy licks & a confused "why are you laying in the driveway way" look.

Monday was the real test. I rolled out of the driveway just before 6:00am as it just started to mist/rain. Temperature in the teens, this is not going to be good. Somehow made it about a mile from work before I gently brought myself to a stop, dismounted, & walked or rode the ditch (when available) the last stretch. My whole front side was coated in a thin layer of ice, but I made it...
the parking lot at work yesterday morning...we had a few inches of snow Monday night but with the layer of ice already on the ground & the high winds, the surface was polished smooth. Ice rink quality.
We got off lucky? Looks like plenty of other folks are getting it way worse.

Later,

TK

No comments: