Wednesday, February 9, 2011

for real...

...yesterday was a high of 4 or 6 depending on who you ask. Wind chill on the way in was humbling, negative whatever. The residential's are ridiculous right now. There are patches of pavement but mostly its long stretches of ice so hard its like stone...and slicker than snot and lumpy, everything from a 1/2 inch thick to 3-5 inches thick or more in spots. My ride in isn't so bad, sidewalk to the corner then main roads to the workplace. Traffic is pretty light when I head in. It's the ride home that blows, lots of traffic, lots of people needlessly in a hurry. Most of them can't wait 5-10 seconds for a clear shot to get by, they feel the need to squeeze through a small gap as they pass me...usually with their foot mashed down on the accelerator. Saturday we'll see temps pushing 50, then more of the same Sunday and into next week. This winter hasn't been that bad , but I need some warmth to recharge my mental state. Enhance my calm...

Later,

TK

1 comment:

jamesb said...

On Thursday I find a black line across my nose that won't wash off. After closer inspection, I realize I got some frostbite on Tuesday and it was finally showing up. I'll wear it with honor!!