Thursday, January 27, 2011

usually ends like this...

The commute right now is a little more stressed than I like, snow on the side streets is everywhere from loose & squirrely to packed down so hard its polished to flat-out icy. Everyday it melts a bit & then refreezes overnight, ride home in slop & back in on the new ice. Often my journey is stalled out by random coal trains, I could detour to the bike trail along Salt Creek but it's unplowed & unrideable at the moment...
I'll leave this up to your imagination as to what this is or looks like...
sitting at my desk yesterday morning, I was spacing off & noticed a rock with something resting on it hiding behind my adding machine. Hmmm? a rusty Sidi toe spike, wonder how long that's been back there. Years maybe...
it usually starts as an innocent game of "chase each other around with a stuffed animal", classic "whoever has it the other one wants it" scenario. it usually ends something like this...
Later,

TK

1 comment:

munsoned said...

I'd highly recommend getting just a front studded tire for these times. I don't know how, but a studded tire is like riding on velcro over any conditions I've come across. Granted, I've always taken off-camber, possibly icy roads slow and all, but through snow, slush, early morning refreeze, the front tire always stays glued.

It makes riding year round too easy.