Friday, November 26, 2010

I had a dream last night...

...ok, a nightmare. During a race I took a bike from the pit & then I couldn't find my way back onto the course. The course was there I just couldn't tell which way I was supposed to go? In frustration I ended up throwing my bike like 50 feet over a fence (I guess I had super-powers in this dream). Once I retrieved my bike I rode it around an inner city setting until I flatted my rear tubular on a big piece of brown glass. I interpret this dream in one of two ways, either something bad is going to happen to me or the bad thing has already happenned in my dream & I'm home free. We'll see how it plays out.

The final push of the season is here. The bikes & gear are leaving for Oregon, actually KC, on Sunday. The KCCX guys are probably pulling out Tuesday in the Trek Store Sprinter van pulling a trailer with all their gear as well as ours. Same scenario as last year. Thanks guys! Have a safe trip! You had your share of travel drama last year it'll be all good this go around:)

That means I have to have all my shit organized & ready to go to KC by Saturday night. I spent a couple hours in the lab last night prepping my race bike. Done with that one. I had my propane blast furnace keeping me toasty...


Started with the temperature at 38 degrees & within 20 minutes it was 48 & by the time I closed up the lab an hour and a half later it was nearly 60. The blast furnace was a christmas gift from my wife last year & it rocks! Years past I would drag bikes into the basement during the winter, pain in the ass. Now if I only had a floor drain, running water, bathroom, sat. tv, and a fridge I'd be set.

Need to get the pit bike prepped but I'm still riding it today & tomorrow...

Later,

TK



1 comment:

Cornbread said...

That dreams means everything is gonna be pretty much awesome.