Tuesday, October 19, 2010

b-vard 0h-10...

Went pretty good. Worst start in recent memory but settled in after that. I'll just call the start "practice at getting around people", some that shouldn't have been lined up in front of you in the first place. My own damn fault though, had to get one last bathroom stop in right before the start then botched the remount after the scrum at the first barrier. My goal for the day was just a good hard effort, mission accomplished with an hour plus outing around a a very power oriented course in 80 degree weather.

Me & macaroni entering the sand section, if there was a deciding moment of the race it took place near here. Rockin' the new Capo skinsuit, unzipped a bit to let the gray chesties flow...
I like this shot (photo credits to roger) cuz it kind of looks like I have everything under control entering the sand, but it was here I bobbled with three to go & lost contact with the folks I was just a couple seconds behind.May never have caught them but...
My day ended in 8th place. Marshall & some other dude were my carrot but both rode consistent & I just couldn't get up to them. Good clean riding boys.

Lincoln crew, yeah I know mod lives in Omaha but he lived in LNK for 25 years before that.
Mod & MT had a great rides ending up 4th & 5th, hell yeah! Man! That's a shifty looking bunch...
Later,

TK

No comments: