Friday, August 6, 2010

ThNG worm hole...

no particular place to go last night...
still rockin' the macaroni...

hmmm? what's this? Sign said "dead end", that's not a dead end I can see a road...(unsure why this is underlined, I can't get rid of it)

Definitely not a dead end, actually it was an abandoned gravel road. Not MMR, just an old road...
Not maintained for sure, not even used by farmers, going good so far...

and then this, a quarter mile of bush wackin'...

the exit...
I looked down at my tires to see numerous goat heads stuck in the tread, uh oh...

I was at least 15 miles from home with just one tube. I resisted the urge to extract any of the foreign objects & started to ride, unsure how far I'd make it. As I rode I mentally worked out how I would describe to my wife how to find me & then explain how I got into this predicament. I would tell her I thought I found a worm hole & I thought it might take me down by Beatrice or something like that. Turns out I didn't have to explain myself at all, a minor gravel miracle occurred & I made it home. I haven't been out to the garage this morning so I may have a couple flats waiting for me?

Later,

TK

3 comments:

Coach said...

That's great - what was the road?

t-nuts said...

sw 86th between saltillo & bennet roads...

Aaron Pool said...

the sweet gravel gods be thanked