Sunday, August 22, 2010

hell yeah it was tough...

G-dubs 2010 in the books, I didn't take my camera, figured if I saw something I had to take a picture of I would use the camera on my phone. As humid as it was I would have only had a bunch of sweaty lens shots of the ride anyway. Have to settle with words here & folks pictures elsewhere.

Rather than try to thank everyone (and possibly leave someone out) who made this event a success I'm just going to thank everyone who had anything to do with pulling this off, no matter how small. Thank you! I will single out Cornbread though, dude gives up riding in Gravel Worlds & works his a$# off to pull this event off. He's the kind of selfless guy who strives to make sure we all have a great experience suffering on our bikes. Thanks man.

We're fortunate here in Lincoln to have a dedicated group of individuals whose primary goal is to pedal their bikes on the awesome back roads of our beautiful region. There's many other outpost's of like-minded individuals just like our little community & we all came together for a single purpose, to spend a great day on the bike. 96 "official" starters & numerous pirates started the day, not bad for a free, semi-underground, 149 mile punisher of a ride.

If you didn't make it Lincoln yesterday & today your saying, "damn I wished I could have been there..." Yep, you missed out & I wish you could have been here.

What a day. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, thanks for coming!

Later,

TK


5 comments:

elisabeth said...

i understand you were responsible for the majority of the mapping. i agree with matt anderson's sentiment that the next person who says nebraska is flat needs to be dropped off north of town somewhere along 30/ashland/branched oak roads and given the cue sheet to find their way back on a huffy or something. well done!

Cornbread said...

I second Lis' sentiment. You nailed it on the route. Nice work buddy! Great riding too.

Mark Savery said...

Way to stick it out TK. The look you gave me at about mile 40 wasn't to encouraging.

I fell bad for cursing you so much during the race. The hills were relentless, but a true World Champion was crowned. Too bad for those that missed.

Nice work.

Now let's start planning for Madison!

Scott Kiddoo said...

Troy now that I have had time to recover, I take back all the things I said about you during the race. Brutal course, THANKS for all your hard work.

KimC said...

thank you Troy...I'm in awe to think of all the work involved to map out such a course! That was a great day that I will never forget!