Saturday, July 11, 2009

winding it down...

So it's not quite mid-July & I feel like my road racing season is winding down. What...?

Papillion crit tonight & RR tomorrow in Elkhorn. I may see another RR this season but unless I plan on traveling my crit season is basically already over before it even got started. I know T of KC II is coming up but I'm attending a wedding that Saturday at 11:30 in Lincoln. If the wedding was at 1:00 I might have been able to race Master's at Cliff Dr. & jam back up here. I'm probably not going to drive down to KC just to do the Friday night race. I could drive down for OP on Sunday though? We'll see. Since DK I have had no continuity in my training or race plan, life has gotten in the way. I'm still riding but the schedule is really disjointed, I'll call it choppy. I'm know there are 1000's of others having the same struggle & trying to find the balance between work & play. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

The good news...I feel good, physically at least. Mentally, no comment. Below: these 2 thought they might like to make the trip to Lawrence with me last Saturday. Don't fret guys...I'll be back before you know it, like in a few hours.


I guess I should be leaving for the "TT" right about now. I think I'll mow the yard instead. It's crazy humid out, I don't need to spend the day in Omaha sweating between a morning "TT" & the evening races. I don't race until 6:45.

I'll leave everyone with a couple feel good shots from last year's event...

See you up there!

Later,

TK

No comments: