Monday, July 13, 2009

training weekend...

I like going into a race weekend with no expectations. A couple days of training in a group ride setting is a better way to look at it. Below: kickin' it after the Papillion Crit. Fun course through a very modest well kept neighborhood, pleasant venue. Had a good warm up, race started fast, feeling great...this was going to be a good night! 4 laps in I'm behind the only crash in the race, I'm at a dead stop at the base of a short climb. The field goes by & I'm chasing for about 45 of the 50 minute event. What happened to 60 minute Cat 3 races, seems like were racing shorter events these days? Like I said training races, right? I got my work out in for sure.
pro 1/2 start line...
Gary Fisher Arc Pro's calling it a night...
Fast forward to Elkhorn yesterday. 72 mile RR or circuit race or whatever you want to call it. Team mate Chet got away early with a another rider & got a nice gap on the field. TP & myself moved to the front of the field & dictated the pace for a couple laps, hoping that Chet's gap would stick. It did, the two stayed away & Chet held on for the win! Super-psyched for Chet, he deserves the good result. Team mate JT also got away towards the end but fell victim to an untimely flat tire. Our race was shortened due to bad weather that never came, just wind. No big deal I got multiple hard efforts in. Training, I'll take it.
Back to reality today...

Later,

TK

No comments: