Monday, August 11, 2008

Its over....

How to put 3 days of racing into a few words? I mostly enjoyed myself, was frustrated at times, & revisited some of my weaknesses. Non-racing related...Holly came with (awesome), stayed w/ Tom, Nancy, & the kids (awesome, thank you!), hung out w/ great people (Scott, Tanya, JT, Ryan).
Didn't sleep enough, ate to much, & I'm spent.

Friday - Downtown KCK. Holly's was off her game w/ photos. Here's the best of the worst, or something like that.
Saturday- Cliff Drive. I flatted. You flat here your done. It rained, so it looked like we'd done a cross race when it was all over. I got a wheel change & decided to stay out there, rode the last 3 circuits w/ a Mesa kid who flatted also. First flat in a race, bound to happen some time. Ran over a big chunk of a beer bottle, I know this because I went back to the scene afterwards & spotted it.Sunday - Overland Park Crit. Still beating myself up over this one. Just couldn't seal the deal. I was right there.

Congrats to Ryan, hasn't been racing but finished in the money Friday & Saturday in the 1/2's. I know you got screwed Saturday, but we know. Great job Chet, his first Cat 3 races & he rode great. Scott, the best I've seen you riding for this weekend, right on. Tom was nails Friday night. Took 2 premes & got 9th overall.

Mentally, I believe my road season is over. Technically, I still need to show up for the State RR in September.

Later,

TK

2 comments:

bryan said...

hey Troy -- thanks for yelling at me at the top of the hill. It was a needed boost when all I really wanted to do was stop.

t-nuts said...

Hey, your welcome. It always helps.
You looked good, I haven't seen the results but you were right up there on that lap.