Monday, March 19, 2012

worked...

business trip on saturday.  5:40 am out the door, wind blowing but forecast to get even worse as the day warmed up.  I needed to see if the 42x18 with full TI load was going to fly.  It was very manageable.  110 oz. of water, some food, lights, & bags.  what you see is what I'm calling the fair weather TI setup, hope this will be the case...

 i'm still looking for those damn jackrabbits I saw on this stretch 3 years ago, no luck...
this is one of 5 stops I made in my 6 hour jam. I was planning on no stops but I had to pee right after sun-up (2 cups of coffee related), then I made these two brief picture stops, later I saw Ron & Mike Marsh, & then I saw Scott Noel.  like I said bid-ness trip...

so basically 50 straight into it & 50 straight back. simple. ok, say farewell to Strava.  killed my phone battery again, probably more battery related than anything.  I rode way further last year with strava running & had plenty of battery left.  also with at&t's shitty coverage in our area, my phone is probably searching for a signal half the time which would explain sketchy stats. once I plugged my phone in when I got home, strava editorialized the ride & drew a straight line from 14th & Yankee Hill back to the house.  the jam ended up just breaking a dollar, but I had to do a 3.5 mile Lincoln loop to get there. I'm calling the trip a success.



oh yeah...I forgot to mention I'm a mtb'r now, surprised ya didn't know that.  hell I think I'm even going to buy a NORBA license this week.  yesterday wood-nuts & myself headed out to Platte & put in 3 laps. trails are in great shape, good time.  I've ridden there before, once was on my road bike with KB.  we did a partial lap.  another was on my CX bike, I did a full lap which included going over the bars.  so yesterday was my first time out there on an ATB.  good times were had...

the new weapon


weekend's over...I'm worked.

tk

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I bet Dentists all over the world just rolled in their graves at the sight of a SS Serotta! Crush it TK!!!