Wednesday, February 15, 2012

slowly...

...recovering that is.  This last weekend's 2 day ski session killed my hips & groin.  Picture a person who has lost the use of their legs getting in & out of a wheel chair. You know how they will grab & lift their leg(s) into position on the foot rests of their chair, that's how it's been so far this week for me.  My left hip flexor is so sore that I have to lift my left leg with my hands to get into a vehicle at work.  Or I'll grab the cuff of my pant leg & swing the leg in.  Putting on shoes, well that's a whole other challenge. 
For those that were with me on Sunday...I'm pretty sure I made a statement like "I must not have skied hard enough yesterday (Saturday) cuz my hips & groin feel fine." Eat those words dumbass.  Walking is fine & the commute on the bike is fine, it's just some of the simpler things you take for granted that can humble you...

Later,

TK