Sunday, February 19, 2012

flanergan...

saturday...I rolled out just past 8, only to realize after a couple miles that I was way under dressed.  I thought it was in the 20's, upper 20's even, but it was more like in the middle teens.  A slight wind & it was bone chilling, I also noticed that I was feeling a bit like a cold was coming on.  I bailed, went home, crawled into bed & slept for an hour and a half...

...at 11:00ish I headed out for my second attempt.  Now it was in the 30's & what I was wearing a few hours earlier was spot on.  This was a destination ride, I didn't know exactly where I was going but I had a general idea & a vague notion of what it was I was looking for...

iphone

anyway, I found it.  KB has been down here a few times but I've never been with him when he's made this journey.  Best I can tell there was a "town" or outpost of some kind called Camden on this site, or nearby.  I passed the Camden Cemetery on the way down & this monument is on the corner of SW 205th & Camden Rd.  Camden was a cutoff point for the Oregon Trail between Nebraska City & Fort Kearney, thus the marker.  Placed here in 1941 by some folks from Seward Co., hmmm? I would of thought I was in Saline, have to look at a map sometime...

gopro

uhhh, that's a wheel grabber...(gopro)

                       




would have kept going west on the twisty mmr behind me,
but we've got some drying out to do around here... (iphone)
and just for the record, I am sick...again.  Just got over the last round a week or so ago.  maybe I was never really over it in the first place. whatever...

Later,

TK


1 comment: