Friday, August 19, 2011

minerals...

I would have updated the tree saga but it knocked out the cable line to the house when they removed the tree & we've been w/o internet since Tuesday (I'm posting from work).  Since then the ever present danger of the remaining portion of the tree has held us captive while we wait for it to either come crashing down on our house & garage or the tree service to get there this morning to start removing it.  I think we made it, I hope.  Last night's wild storm had me camped out at the back door watching it get hammered by the high winds, but somehow it made it through the night.

Less than 24 hours from now g-dubs will be in full swing.  It's going to be historic!  Who has the most guts, determination, staying power...whatever you want to call it.  I always mentally prepare for the worst & anything less is a bonus.

I'll be riding a bit & helping promote this year so don't look for me at the pointed end.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at the finish.  Dig deep, push yourself further than you think possible, pain & suffering are temporary...gravel glory lasts a life-time!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

TK

No comments: