Thursday, July 31, 2008

Man Down


I guess it was bound to happen, the potential is there on any group ride. No sense in finger pointing, most of us know what went down.
Bottom line...KW hit the deck as a result of a very suspect maneuver by another individual. For a few of us behind it, it happened in slow-mo. Nothing you can do but wait & watch the fall out.
I believe Kev's alright, but a bit beat up to say the least. Get well soon man, its great riding with you. The Dark Knight also went down in this incident, plenty of road rash but was able to ride back to Lincoln.

TK

Oh yeah, Kev I've got your sunglasses.

6 comments:

-kw said...

I'm on the couch, sore and not moving around too well, but happily with no broken bones and feeling kinda lucky. The nurse stole me some sweet scrubs to wear home and then I slept six hours in one position. I was a little rusty when I woke up. Cheryl had to kind of act as my posturepedic bed and lift me up into a sitting position. The worst part was laughing and my ribs feeling like they might pop out of my skin.
The crash was a fluke—no one's fault. These things happen when you ride bikes. Shit, these things happen when you're walking out to the mailbox. No one should worry one more second about it. Seriously.
Don't kid yourself, though. Everyone gets hurt. It's just a matter of time. 99 times out of 100 we can get out of the way of the really bad falls, but every once in a while ...
I'm glad I got this one out of the way and I'm glad no one else got too mangled.
Gonna go see a friend of mine on Monday—he's a really good orthopedist and he'll make sure everything's connected the way it's supposed to be.
I'll check in later.
Thanks to everyone for hanging out until the ambulance arrived.

t-nuts said...

Glad to hear you're doing ok.

After we started rolling again there was an unspoken truce for the next 5 miles or so. Everyone was a little dazed.

We managed to make it back to Lincoln safely.

I'll have one of the driver's drop your shades off tomorrow or Monday.

See ya when I se ya.

TK

-kw said...

Has anyone seen my helmet? It wasn't in the pile of bike that the sherrif dropped off. I wanted to see the damage.

Marc Walter said...

Mischief and Misconduct. PCL meets WNW.

Glad you're ok and positive about the situation.

-kw said...

Sheriff had my helmet and brought it by. It showed almost no signs of a crash. weird. i could have sworn i crashed.

Marc Walter said...

Crash? What crash?