Thursday, November 3, 2011

funny...

...the puddle right after the start/finish was the least of my worries.  Sitting on the trainer before the race I had told myself that I was going to avoid that puddle & not start the race off with wet feet.  I already knew the course from a pre-ride on Saturday so no need to leave the comfort of the tent & trainer.  After the whistle & my successful avoidance of the "the puddle" after the start, it wasn't long before I discovered the three stream crossings on the course created by the heavy rain/wet snow that fell all day. Wet feet, deal with it.  I've raced in colder & wetter conditions...whatever.  KC Nats in '07 it was in the 20's, snowing, & we had to ride through two big ponds each lap.  That was wet & cold!

Thanks to all that make the Wednesday-nighters happen.  It pretty much sets the tone for my Thursday, tired & out of it.  Seriously though, thanks to those who help pull it off.

I'd guess maybe 8 people made the 1 hour trip up from Lincoln, good job to all those that did & to everyone else that ventured out of their warm homes to willingly make themselves uncomfortable.

Later,

TK

1 comment:

j kelley said...

good ride, tk. nice seeing you even though i was too out of it to say hello yesterday.