Monday, December 15, 2008

22-22-22

I'm starting to see a pattern here. My last three Nationals I've finished 22nd in '06 40-44's, 22nd in '07 40-44's, & 22nd in '08 45-49's. In '06 Providence I started way towards the back so that 22nd was through the field. Last year I was behind/in a crash at the start & managed a 22nd in the frozen snowy wasteland at Wyandotte. This year was stupid fast from the whistle. I held on for my 22nd on the spongy surface at Tiffany Springs. The course had completely dried out by race time. Traction was teetering on perfect but the surface was spongy making the pedaling challenging. I'm going to call it a power-robbing surface. My 33 psi w/ Mud 2's was perfecto on Day 1, not so good on Day 2. Looking back I should have yelled to my pit folks to bump me up about 5 lbs on my pit bike, hindsight you know, never crossed my mind. I did pit though when I heard something rubbing somewhere with 2 to go. Broken spoke on my rear wheel. Clean exchange didn't lose any ground. Thanks Matt & Craigio.

Way to much happened from last Wednesday when we headed down to KC until I got home at 6:00 last night to even attempt to write up.

Marshall, you & your crew pulled off a superb event. No stone unturned.

Have to say one of my main highlights of the weekend was on Saturday. Our weekend of racing ended on Friday but Tom & I got the bikes back out & did 4 or 5 laps during the noon open course session. Conditions were perfect, we had the opportunity to rail everything. I still had the Mud's on but had them up to 39-40, nice.

40+ B's...I want that sandbagger's national championship jersey. '05 19th, '06 9th, '07 2nd, '08 2nd.

I may toss up some pictures or add stuff as it comes to me but that's all for now.

My season's over.

Later,

TK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice racing! I had a good time hanging out with your crew from Nebraska.

t-nuts said...

Thanks Ted! You & the 360 crew, hell the whole KC scene makes bike racing in our region an awesome experience.

Have a great holiday season!

TK

JB said...

Good season Troy! Thanks for supporting the KC scene and thanks for the offer to pit for me...that rocks. All of your guys rock!

Happy Holidays,
JB

t-nuts said...

Justin...have a great holiday. See you next year.

TK