Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snow...

...and now rain. Rolled into Bend around 1:00ish yesterday & headed to the venue to check things out. A couple inches of snow is covering everything like last year but the big difference is it's 20-25 degrees warmer, temps are in the upper 30's to lower 40's. We ended up walking the course, a bit longer than last year's version but very familiar. Definitely not as icy though as last year, just going to be sloppy with the rain that's falling now.

Next stop was # pickup & then headed for the TT site. I didn't know when/if I was going to have a chance to pre-ride this venue so I wanted to check it out. Nate & I got bikes out & slid through a snowy lap. If you're unaware what I mean by TT course...we will be lining up for our championship race based on lap times at this alternate venue. If it goes well...the system worked:), if it doesn't...The problem I see is the conditions will be constantly changing, it's not a "level playing field", too many variables involved in your one all-important lap. I don't have the solution, just commenting.

Today Nate & I are doing the B races, he goes first. Basically gives us a chance to ride the course at race speeds before the main event. Last year your start was determined by lottery, as I think about it...the TT lap on that snowy site may be just as much a lottery in itself.

Later,

TK

No comments: