Sunday, March 28, 2010

nice try...

The wind attempted a payback today for the beat down I gave it on Friday:) NNW, steady in the teens with gusts @ 20+. I foiled its plans with a straight West, then South, then straight east route. Problem with this plan was I found myself in Panama with one option, 20+ miles of cross head & head wind to get home. Whatever...I put my head down & rode right back in to it. Your going to have to do better than that, I win again.

Yesterday's rain left the gravel a bit soft so I decided to give it a day off & test ride my new Fisher Cronus. Now I built this up from a frame set so if you go to the link I gave, mine is not nearly as pimped out. I recycled a bit from here & there and ended up with a very sweet ride. I'm not a bike reviewer & I won't pretend to be, I'll keep it simple...it rides & feels great. Looks awesome with its massive carbon tubes, the downtube is like a baseball bat. Crazy light.

we rode to the beach but it was closed...
we rode some gravel...
we acted the fool...
we tried to be creative...
we hopped on the Jamaica back to Lincoln...
The Jamaica was full of folks heading South on bikes. Warm, beautiful day brought a lot of rides out of the garage for some adventure. Smiles on their faces, saddles too low, chains squeaking loudly, wind at their backs...I'll bet their's a lot of tired weekend warriors right about now after they decided to finally head back to Lincoln into that wind, I'm sure a bunch are still battling their way back in as we speak.

70's this week & more battles with the wind are planned, bring it on!

Later,

TK

2 comments:

jxw said...

The Cronos looks sweet, I'm jealous! From what I've read, it's supposed to have great steering stability. I wish I could trade up! Later.

Mark Savery said...

CRONUS!!!