Friday, December 11, 2009

kababa...

day 2...


Quiet day today, only Brad Cole of KCCX & myself were lining up. Brad doing the SS race & me doing the 45-49.


Weather totally cooperated, topped out around 40! By my go time, 3:30, the course was pretty good. Still icy in spots but a lot better than yesterday. I lined up 3rd row by virtue of being the first Cat 2 registered & staying up into the wee hours of the morning due to SBO's meltdown. TP stayed with me in the grid to take my jacket & keep me motivated, thanks bro.


I'll get right to it...I had a really good race. 18th, finally a top 20 at Nats on my 5th attempt. I had 16th but wiped out on the freaking last lap & gave up 2 spots, whatever. I'll get over it but its fresh in my mind at the moment.


Wood-man & Craigio rocked the pits for me, thanks guys! A big hug from Matt T. at the finish was awesome. Thanks Marshall & the KCCX crew for everything!


Matt & Nate race the 35-39 tomorrow @ 2:15, 2 to 4 inches forecast tonight with another 1 to 3 tomorrow. TP goes for the title at 8:30 am, we'll be there!


Oh yeah...Kababa, a middle eastern restaurant owned a former Lincolnite Eric Layden. One of those dining experiences you don't want to end. Food was that good. If you ever get here, go here! I'm hoping we go back before we leave.


Close the books on my '09 CX season. Time to turn my attention sweet gravelly goodness:)


Later,


TK

6 comments:

jamesb said...

Good job Troy!!!

mathguy said...

Awesome result-great way to end the season!

Joe Fox said...

Congrats Troy! Enjoy the rest of your trip. I look forward to riding with you on some gravel this spring!

Cornbread said...

Awesomeness! Congrats on another great cross season.

I'm looking forward to logging a lot of gravel miles with ya in '10!

Coach said...

Super Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Neato Troy, way to go!