Saturday, September 27, 2008

Preseason starts NOW!

For the last 3 years I have started my CX season w/ trips to IA. I always thought of it as the preseason. A chance to get the motor started & see some different faces from the usual KS/NE scene. Not this year. First the original race in IA for this weekend was canceled then a new event popped up in its place, but by this time my mind had started to look for other alternatives. Alas, I'm headed for Lenexa tomorrow, a day trip, solo. I'm looking forward to it.

Photo below is from last year's Spooky Cross in the Des Moines area. It rained all Saturday night & Sunday morning leaving the course a sloppy mess. This was one of the best courses I have ever raced on. Some paved sections, fast/technical/flowing grass, nasty run-ups, & mud. The venue has moved this year but JJ & Tony won't disappoint with their course design I'm sure. http://www.spookycross.org/Spookyflyer08.pdf
Yeah, it's still September...but you want to do well & you need to find out "where you're at". It's all about the build to the 2nd week in December anyway, right? I've moved into the 45+ realm this year, yikes I am old! Am I going to hide out in the Master's races, hell no! Except Boulder that is, the master's races are the real deal out there. I'm still planning on taking/giving my licks in the 1/2/3's locally as usual. Geez...I'm getting kind of psyched.


Don't look for me next weekend in Omaha. Friend/team mate Scott is getting married in KC. He's found an awesome companion & his single life will be brought to an abrupt end next Saturday evening. A wedding day ride is in the works. Don't worry man, we'll get you to the church on time!


See ya in KC. Tomorrow & next weekend!


TK

3 comments:

How do i get to my old stuff said...

We'll miss u next weekend, I'm sure you'll have a great time, though!

t-nuts said...

Have a good race today!

BTW - I've been meaning to email you...is that warming cream you "loaned" me at the State RR just stock Assos or a custom concoction? That stuff was crazy warm! Good stuff.

TK

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Here's the link to the stuff I use and shared with you:
http://cyclocrossworld.stores.yahoo.net/qosp.html

I used the xtra hot. It's best in wet conditions. When dry, it doesn't warm much until you start to sweat a little.